Beat the heat with this cold Green Goddess Gazpacho! Creamy avocado with a little jalapeño kick – you’ll be surprised by how easy this is to make! The best part? You can make as far in advance as 24 hours. Why not lighten your load and spend more time playing hostess by getting ahead of the game?
- 2 1/2 Large English Cucumbers, Divided
- 1 Large Ripe Avocado, Pitted
- 1 3/4 cups Plain Unsweetened Coconut Yogurt*, Divided
- Juice of 1/2 Large Lemon
- 1/2 tsp. Fresh Lemon Zest
- 2 - 3 Garlic Cloves
- 3 Scallions**
- 3 -4 tbsp. Fresh Dill
- 12 Large Basil Leaves
- 1/2 Jalapeño, Seeds Removed
- 2 1/2 tbsp. Milanese Gremolata EVOO from Oli+Ve
- 2 1/2 tbsp. Premium White Balsamic Vinegar from Oli+Ve
- Maldon's Sea Salt, To Taste
- In a Vitamix / food processor, combine the following: cucumbers, avocado, yogurt, lemon, lemon zest, garlic cloves, scallions, dill, basil, jalapeño, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and sea salt. Blend until completely smooth and creamy (but still thick). Cover and refrigerate for at least 5 hours, but can also be left for up to 24 hours.
- To Garnish: Thin the remaining 1/2 cup of yogurt by adding a little water and mixing thoroughly. Chop leftover dill and thinly slice the remaining 1/2 cucumber. Scallop the cucumber, top with fresh dill, and give a drizzle of both EVOO and thinned yogurt. Serve immediately!
* To prepare dairy free. You can also use Greek yogurt if you prefer! ** I use almost the entire scallion - minus a piece of both ends.