If given the opportunity, I could eat Mexican food (or a variety of it) every day of the week. My Texas Sweet Potato Skillet can be served a number of ways, and always satisfies that craving I (often) get!
This dish is so easy to make, and can be served any time of day. Love it as much as I do? Make a large serving, divide it up, and use as meal prep for the week (or check out this week’s menu to see if it’s featured)! Here are a few ways to serve:
- Breakfast | Top with an over easy egg and side of sauerkraut
- Lunch | Slice fresh avocado and enjoy cold on the go!
- Dinner | Serve with a side of guacamole and homemade cassava flour tortillas. If you prefer to not make your own, Siete Foods Grain Free Tortillas are great! Feeling extra festive? Whip up some roasted corn salad, fresh salsa and a homemade margherita!
Next time you’re looking for a healthy, delicious meal prep recipe – or simply an alternative to going out to eat – Texas Sweet Potato Skillet is the perfect go-to that will please your friends and family!
- 1 lb. Organic Grass-Fed Ground Beef | 85 / 15*
- 2 - 3 tbsp. Ghee or EVOO**
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes, diced into small cubes | Regular, Purple or White Sweets are all delicious!
- 3 - 4 tbsp. Galena Garlic Taco Adobo Seasoning
- 2 cups Shittake Mushrooms, chopped small
- 1 Organic Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup Red Onion, diced into small cubes
- 2 cups Organic Spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup Green Onion, chopped
- Maldon's Sea Salt Flakes
- Optional: Fresh Avocado, Fresh Cilantro, Jalapeños, or a drizzle of Homemade Ranch or Avocado Cilantro Lime Crema
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat half of your ghee or EVOO over medium / medium-high heat. Add beef and cook until browned.
- Remove beef from the skillet, and dispose of all but 1 - 2 tbsp. of liquid.
- Add 1 - 1 1/2 tbsp. cooking fat and allow to heat up for 30 - 45 seconds.
- Add sweet potatoes and sea salt, cooking until slightly brown on all sides (approximately 12 - 15 minutes).
- Add remaining cooking fat, seasoning, mushrooms, bell pepper and onion, cooking for 8 - 10 minutes or until tender.
- Fold in spinach, cooking until wilted (1 - 2 minutes).
- Garnish with chopped green onion and optional toppings!
* Meat Alternatives: Omit, Ground Turkey, Chicken, Sirloin Steak ** The Cilantro and Roasted Onion or Garlic EVOO from Oli+Ve is delicious with this!