Today feels like a good day to bake donuts!
This is the perfect gluten and dairy free base for a variety of donuts. Be sure to save this one, because I have no doubt it will become a staple in your household.
3 cups Gluten Free Flour Blend (I recommend King Arthur Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour)
2/3 cups Organic Cane Sugar*
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Flakey Sea Salt
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 cup Coconut Milk**
1/2 cup Unsweetened Coconut Yogurt
1/2 cup Oli+Ve Butter Infused Olive Oil***
BUTTERCREAM ICING INGREDIENTS:
4 - 6 oz. Miyokos Vegan Butter, Softened
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 lb. (16 oz) Organic Powdered Sugar
*If you choose to use another sugar, just note that something like coconut sugar will change the color of the donut.
**You can use either canned coconut milk, or a brand such as Califia Farms
***Sub melted butter or regular olive oil. Just note that
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a donut pan with avocado or coconut oil spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients until smooth.
3. Using a piping bag*, pipe donut batter into each well, filling almost to the top.
4. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes, or until the donuts spring back when touched. Remove from the oven and cool on a cooling rack for at least 20 minutes before handling.
5. In a large mixing bowl, whip butter and vanilla extract until smooth. Follow by adding powdered sugar in 1/4 cup increments until it reaches your desired consistency.
6. Once donuts are completely cool, ice and serve immediately. If you aren't going to enjoy right away, store the donuts in an airtight container and the icing in the fridge for up to one week.
*If you don't have a piping bag, simply use a Ziploc bag, snipping the corner to serve as a makeshift piping bag.